Videos Are Here To Stay
It is no secret that videos are all around us. With smartphones acting as our daily sidekicks, and the internet being deeply woven in our culture, it is pretty hard to escape video content. Businesses are starting to catch on that video marketing is the way of the future and for good reason. Nielsen claims “64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future.”
Marketing and ad agencies have increased their video budgets, realizing the significance of shareable content.
Let’s start with some fun facts: According to Ragan, people actually process visuals 600,000 times faster than they do text. Not only that, but people “retain 80% of what they see and only 20% of what they read.” Videos tell a story, which is why people react so positively to them. I mean, who doesn’t love a good story? We at EDS sure do!
So why should your business focus more on video marketing? Let’s gets down to the nitty gritty.
- Axonn Research found that 7 in 10 people viewed brands more positively after watching engaging video content from them.
- One reason why videos are such a powerful tool for businesses is because of social media. Axonn Research states that 75% of people on social media share video content. That’s more than half! Outreach is the key to success, and social media sites make that more possible than ever before. With a simple click, people from all around the world can learn about your business.
- When done right, a quick and clear video explaining the highlights of your business can be engaging to customers. As The Guardian puts it, “[customers] will spend longer on your website and more time interacting with your brand.”
Some Future Facts
Remember earlier how we mentioned that video is the future? Let’s dive into some cool future fun facts.
According to Iab, “more than two-thirds (68%) of marketers and agency executives expect to see their digital video ad budgets increase in the next 12 months.”
Cisco also gives us the following facts on why online video production is king.
- On a global level, “consumer internet video traffic will be 80 % of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019, up from 64 % in 2014.”
- It would take someone more than 5 million years to watch the mass amounts of video that will cross global networks monthly in 2019.
- In 2014, internet video doubled compared to TV. Internet video content is expected to increase four times the amount by 2019.
There is no better time than now for businesses to transition to video marketing. With the world moving more toward visual content, businesses can connect with customers easier than ever before, even on a global level. Video makes it possible for businesses to tell their story, and a clear and concise video helps customers to understand your product more thoroughly.
Interested in seeing how video can help your business? Check out what Epic Dog Studios can do for you by clicking here.